Spouse Visa in Malaysia
Updated on Wednesday 31st May 2023
Rate this article 1 reviewsbased on
A spouse visa in Malaysia can be issued with a validity of up to 5 years, for those interested in staying in this country for a longer period. This type of visa is also called a long-term social visit pass in Malaysia or LTVP. With the help of our lawyers in Malaysia, you can find out information about the long-term spouse visa in Malaysia, as well as the formalities required to obtain it.
Requirements for long-term social visit pass in Malaysia
Those interested in a spouse visa in Malaysia can find out some important information in the following lines. We specify that our specialists can also handle the procedures for spouse visa renewal in Malaysia:
- Those who want to obtain a spouse visa in Malaysia must be married to a citizen of this country.
- It is necessary to present the marriage certificate, a valid passport, and an identity card.
- Also, for a long-term spouse visa in Malaysia, you must also prepare a statutory declaration from which your marital status can be found.
- Among the requirements for a long-term social visit pass in Malaysia is the Malaysian sponsor statement form that you must complete.
- When applying for a marriage visa in Malaysia, you must also provide information about your current residence.
We recommend the legal services offered by our law firm in Malaysia for obtaining a spouse visa in Malaysia. You can find out more about the requirements for a long-term social visit pass in Malaysia by contacting us.
What you are not allowed to do with a spouse visa in Malaysia
Once you have obtained a spouse visa in Malaysia, this does not mean that you can enter the labor market. In this case, you must apply for an Employment Pass by presenting an endorsement to work document from the immigration department in Malaysia. As for spouse visa renewal in Malaysia, you can also contact our lawyers, in order to prepare the necessary documents.
What is the validity of a spouse visa in Malaysia?
A marriage visa in Malaysia is valid for up to 6 years. Before the expiration, you must apply for a spouse visa renewal in Malaysia. And in this case, you will have to present the marriage certificate, as well as other specific declarations. We remind you that the requirements for a long-term social visit pass in Malaysia can be explained to you by our lawyers.
Working with a spouse visa in Malaysia
As mentioned above in the article, a marriage visa in Malaysia does not allow accepting a job in this country. There are other formalities in this endeavor, and among them, is the application for work endorsement. Also, an application letter and company registration evidence in Malaysia are needed. These formalities may seem complicated for applicants, that's why we recommend the legal services offered by our lawyers in Malaysia. We can also help you obtain residency in Malaysia.
Legal services offered by our immigration lawyers in Malaysia
Immigration specialists know the formalities of obtaining a spouse visa in Malaysia and can help those interested, from a legal point of view. Legal support is even recommended in this endeavor to be able to obtain the desired visa as quickly as possible. Here are some statistics about immigration to Malaysia:
- The latest data for 2023 show that the current net migration is 1,499 per 1,000 population.
- In 2022, net migration was approximately 1,588 per 1,000 population.
Do you want to get a spouse visa in Malaysia? We advise you to contact our law office in Malaysia for specialist advice.