Criminal Lawyer in Malaysia
|When you need a criminal lawyer in Malaysia|| |
Persons accused of crimes in Malaysia must be represented by an attorney.
Legislation covering the criminal offences in Malaysia
- Penal Code of Malaysia,
- Criminal Procedure Code
Types of crimes for which legal advice is required
- financial fraud,
- corporate fraud,
- illegal transaction,
- possession and consumption of drugs,
- murder, etc.
|We represent our clients in sexual crimes offences (YES/NO)|| |
|Legal advice for accusations of human trafficking|| |
Our criminal lawyers in Malaysia can represent clients in the court of law.
|We represent companies involved in money landering cases (YES/NO)|| |
|Defence strategies for self-defence cases involving murder|| |
- verification of circumstances, police reports and witness declarations,
- collaboration with the prosecutor in charge,
- apllication for custody release
|Support at the police station|| |
Our criminal lawyer in Malaysia can explain the rights of persons found in police custody.
|Legal advice for persons caught driving under the influence of drugs (YES/NO)|| |
|Representation for minors accused of crimes in Malaysia (YES/NO)||Yes|
|Rights of individuals accused of offences in Malaysia|| |
|Support for appealing a verdict (YES/NO)|| |
|We provide free case evaluation (YES/NO)|| |
|Support for bail application (YES/NO)|| |
|We represent persons involved in domestic abuse cases (YES/NO)|| |
Business crimes in Malaysia – How can we help?
- Corporate fraud – confidential company information offered to other parties in exchange for money, falsifying company documents, or misrepresenting the firm's services or products are considered frauds.
- Accounting fraud – falsifying the accounting records of a company with the intention of not paying taxes is considered fraud.
- False investments – using illegal methods to attract potential investors in the company is another type of fraud.
- Abuse of position – persons having decision-making positions and using different illegal methods to obtain money and other benefits can serve years of imprisonment if found guilty.
The authorities that prosecute business crimes in Malaysia
- CCM – the Companies Commission of Malaysia.
- MACC – the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission.
- CCID – the Commercial Crime Investigation Department.
- SC – the Security Commission.
- BNM – the Central Bank of Malaysia.
Representation for corporate fraud in Malaysia
Our criminal law firm in Malaysia often deals with corporate fraud and companies involved in such activities. Legal representation in such a situation can indeed be complicated, especially since clear evidence is needed to be able to start proceedings and provide certain defense strategies. But let's take a look at some aspects of corporate fraud, noting that our Malaysian criminal lawyer can give you the support you need in this situation:
- Companies involved in illegal or dishonest activities to make money may be involved in corporate fraud.
- False accounting of a company or presentation of products and services that do not actually exist are other cases of corporate fraud. Our criminal law firm in KL can represent you.
- Accessing information classified as secret and offering it in exchange for material goods is another type of corporate fraud that you may encounter in Malaysia in the field of business.
- Illegal business practices for gaining money are for sure a type of fraud. You can discuss more on this topic with our criminal lawyers in Malaysia.
- Elaborated fraud schemes might be hard to detect. In some cases, this type of crime can be discovered even after a few years.
- Failure to pay taxes or fraudulent accounting inflows and outflows is tax fraud.
These are just a few examples of corporate fraud common in business anywhere in the world, including Malaysia. But if you are a pet owner and you are accused of fraud, we recommend that you talk to a criminal lawyer in Penang. We have experience in this field and our criminal law firm in Malaysia is at your disposal. Plus, if you need information on immigration to Malaysia you can get in touch with us.
You can also watch the following infographic on this subject:
Accused of investment fraud? Talk to our criminal lawyers in Malaysia
Investment frauds are common in the business world, and unfortunately, there are so many methods that sometimes real investigations are needed. These practices involve false investments in real estate, currency, stocks, or commodities, to name a few. The best known are pyramid schemes, and the mechanism is quite simple. This involves a small investment made by several participants, who are promised huge profits in a relatively short time. In reality, however, those involved in this type of investment fraud scheme run out of money because the investments are not returned. What is important to know is that business owners can be involved in such fraud schemes, especially those with little or no experience.
Our criminal lawyers in Malaysia can represent both the people accused of investment fraud and the victims who have fallen into the trap of this type of crime. Get in touch with our criminal law firm in KL and see how you can be helped legally.
We also remind the support of our immigration lawyers in Malaysia who can guide you throughout the process.
Pension fund frauds, a crime for which imprisonment is issued
Pension fund fraud is another example of a crime that you may face at some point. There have been cases in which people have discovered that their pension fund, for which they have worked all their lives, has been defrauded. This can happen in both public and private environments and here we refer to financial institutions that offer private pensions and have the opportunity to invest this money. Once these funds are defrauded, people discover that they can no longer receive a pension when they retire.
If you are facing such issues or if you have been accused of fraudulent pension funds, we recommend that you contact our criminal law firm in KL and find out how you can be legally represented. Our criminal lawyer in Penang, who has experience in financial fraud, can also help you.
Foreigners interested in immigration to Malaysia can be assisted by one of our lawyers in Malaysia. With specialized help, you can benefit from a simple and fast process, for they will take care of all the formalities, namely the preparation of the documents and their submission to the relevant authorities. People who have accepted a job in this country will need a work permit in order to be legal. A copy of the employment contract provided by the employer will be requested here.
How to avoid debit card fraud
Bank card fraud is a crime on the agenda. In most cases, it is the elderly who fall into the trap of criminals, but it is not necessarily a rule. Hackers manage to take possession of the details of an account and bank cardholder through various methods. For example, emails that seem to be signed by an official financial institution, a company, or an individual asking for various sums of money in exchange for spectacular earnings should make you think more, especially if personal data is also required. Avoid offering the PIN of your card or bank account so you won't deal with the situation in which the money is stolen from the account.
Any suspicious email or link requesting personal information should prompt you to ask questions. The recommendation is to report to the local authorities and especially to contact our Malaysian criminal lawyer for legal advice.
Other business crimes that enter the attention of our criminal lawyers in Malaysia
Making investments in Malaysia
- About USD 169 billion was the total FDI stock for Malaysia in 2019.
- Most of the foreign investments in Malaysia come from countries like the USA, Japan, China, and Singapore.
- The 2020 Doing Business report issued by the World Bank ranks Malaysia 12th out of 190 economies in the world.
- The manufacturing industry is highly sustained by the investments that come from China.